The month of October is clergy appreciation month. Churches worldwide will show their appreciation for clergy and pastoral staff members through a gift, a note of encouragement, or other method.
Here are some ideas to show your pastors and clergy members your appreciation:
- Organize a prayer calendar so each pastor is prayed for every day of the month.
- Create a slideshow presentation of pastors and clergy in action during the past year. Set it to music and play as a pre-service video.
- Find volunteers to call or text members of your pastoral staff and clergy members in your congregation a message of encouragement and gratitude for how he or she has impacted your life and your community.
- Invite them over for a home cooked meal.
- Send your pastor to a conference or a retreat.
- Throw them a “gift card” shower.
- Give celrgy families a night out to a local restaurant or gift certificate for an overnight get-away.
- Invite children to make artwork for clergy in their church.
- Allow members of the congregation to volunteer time serving pastoral leaders by babysitting or helping with yard projects and other home maintenance.
- Update their office with new paint, décor, or even a technology upgrade.
On behalf of the Church of the Nazarene’s Global Ministry Center, thank you to pastors and all clergy for their labor and leadership in helping to make Christlike disciples in the nations.